Army Brats Unite! Putting Together a Camouflage Wedding Theme
Are you looking for an unconventional theme for your wedding? Why don’t you go for a camouflage wedding? Since camouflage is no longer limited for use in the military or hunting, there are countless of camouflage wedding ideas that you can use for your big day. Here are the steps to undertake in putting together a camouflage themed wedding.
It may be a challenge to find camouflage related items in the traditional market. The same cannot be said for the online market, which offers a wide range of products including those that are usually hard to find. Camouflage-trimmed wedding gowns and camouflage accessories such as guest books, ring bearer pillows, and tablecloths can be purchased in online specialty bridal shops.
Make a list
Make a list of everything that you need to buy or create. From the ceremony items such as unity candles, pew decorations, and aisle runners to the reception items like the table centerpiece, buffet décor, reception décor, stationery items and so on—you need to make a list of everything. If you’re not able to find something in camouflage theme, then you can personalize it so it would complement the theme. For example, if all you can find is a traditional guest book, you may cover it with camouflage wrapping paper.
Inform vendors and suppliers
See to it that you inform vendors and suppliers about the theme that you’re planning to have. Why is this important? For one, you don’t want to shock them when they enter a venue that doesn’t seem to be a far cry from a military outpost. Second, you want them to be in line with the theme. For example, the florist may use camouflage-patterned containers for the floral arrangements.
More ideas to inspire you
- Get hold of camouflage scrapbook paper and fold it into origami animals. Use these as decorative elements for the wedding table.
- Have your guests sign on the camouflage wedding guest book. This guest book is not all tough and manly. The guest book has 25 pages so it can accommodate about 430 names. It comes with plush pink and gold embroidery to make it a little feminine. It also has a matching pen set. The camouflage wedding pen set has a reflective blush sand color ribbon and pen base.
- Use camouflage business cards as place cards. Just make sure that the details printed on the card will not be hard to read.
- For the table centerpiece, tie brown, green and gray ribbons around the clear flower vase.
- Wear camouflage wedding garter set. This stunning mock belt garter features gold and crystal double D closure.
- Go for leafy fondant cutouts in camouflage colors and use this to dress up your multi-layered cake. Top it with a bride and groom dressed in military suit cake topper.
If there’s one thing people can say about your wedding, it has to be this: your wedding is anything but ordinary. Thanks to the camouflage theme, you’ve achieve this goal with flying colors.