12 Ways to Incorporate a Peacock Wedding Theme Into Your Wedding
It was during the Art Nouveau movement when peacock feathers emerged as a popular design. The vibrant iridescent hues and delicate patterns on peacock feathers are thought to be exotic and at the same time glamorous. It’s not a surprise that it eventually became a trendy theme in weddings. If you’re thinking of having a peacock wedding theme, here are some creative ideas to inspire you.
- Wear a stylish feathered headpiece. This will add a delicate hint of peacock-inspired look on your wedding day. This headpiece can be worn not only by the bride but also by bridesmaids.
- Speaking of bridesmaids, you can have them dress up in varying shades of teal and blue. Another wonderful idea would be to put them in cocktail dresses designed with peacock feather pattern.
- Have the groomsmen wear colorful neckties with silkscreen feather design. So as not to go overboard, their suit should be plain and in neutral color. The striking contrast would surely be impressive.
- Pair the feather-designed guest book with a bamboo pen topped with a peacock feather. Each one of the guests would commend the creativity you’ve put into the guest book and pen.
- Add a peacock feather or two into each of the bridesmaids’ bouquets. Bridemaids’ bouquets would look dashing with vibrant tropical blooms such as orchids.
- For the bouquet, mix a few peacock feathers to a bunch of roses, hydrangeas, calla lilies, scabiosa pods, begonia leaves, lisianthus, cecropia leaves, fiddlehead ferns, and ligustrum berries. The result is an “exotic wild garden” look for your bouquet. Ask the florist to arrange them loosely, as if they were just handpicked.
- While you’re tempted to go for a metallic teal colored cake, it would be better to opt for the clean look of a white fondant cake covered with handpainted peacock feathers.
- Set the scene with peacock theme decorations. Your color palette would be composed of blue, teal, green and gold. Adding the peacock feather to the decors is always a nice touch.
- For the invitations, there are many templates online that you can use to keep up with the theme. If you prefer to have a professional create the invitations for you, make sure that he/she incorporates the peacock feather into the design as either background or border. Use the colors in the palette mentioned earlier. Match the other stationery items with the invitation.
- Give away personalized perfect peacock chocolate bar wedding favors. One thing you can be sure when you give away chocolate bar favors is that everyone will love it. Who doesn’t love chocolates, right? Just make sure that the chocolate is safe for anyone with allergic reactions to nuts or peanuts.
- Use personalized peacock wedding stickers. These stickers are versatile. You’ll find plenty of uses for these. They can be used to personalize wedding favors, decorate the wedding table and seal the invitations.
- Make finding the assigned seating much easier with personalized peacock wedding table numbers that are specially designed with peacock feather patterns.
This is just the beginning of countless ideas on peacock-inspired wedding. Be sure to explore other options as well. Good luck!